I am a woman in my early 60’s who lives in my own home in Camden Park.
I love music, art, going to the theatre, getting out and about in my community and enjoying my friends’ company.
I am seeking a mature, patient, intuitive, gentle person with a good sense of humour to work alongside me and my other workers – supporting me with:
- personal care
- assisting with meals
- helping me connect to friends, my interests and the community
This role requires flexibility and availability to work over a 7 day schedule. It is a casual position with the opportunity of 10-15 hours a week once we have established trust and a rhythm of working together. My day to day tasks are guided by my vision, goals and dreams for my life.
Prior experience in disability services is not required – you will be trained in how best to support me. If we share similar interests or you have skills you believe will be an asset, let me know in your expression of interest.
The position requires current DHS clearance, a current senior first aid Certificate, manual handling and assistance with medication training or willingness to obtain these.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST SHOULD IDENTIFY:
- Why you are interested in the role.
- What skills and experience you would bring to the team?
- How you would make a difference in assisting me?
- Your ability to work flexibly and as part of a self-managing team that will assist me to have ownership and control over my own life,
Please submit expressions of interest to: [email protected] by 18th November, 2020