Want to make a difference in a person’s life in a positive way and get a sense of meaning from your work? Looking for flexible work over a 7-day roster?
Community Living Project (CLP) is seeking a mature, enthusiastic, and flexible person to assist a woman in her 50s to live in her own home. Working alongside her family, your day-to-day tasks will be guided by the woman’s vision, goals, and dreams. The focus is on enabling her to live a purposeful life in the community, maintaining a calm household, and building her competencies and valued roles.
Duties include providing personal care, seizure response, assisting with communication and household tasks including laundry, meal preparation/cooking, cleaning, and shopping, support to live a healthy and holistic lifestyle, as well as access community and other commitments.
You will get to know and embrace the woman’s gifts, interests and skills and through this, help to facilitate her relationships in the local community. She loves her home and garden, art and crafts, going to the central market, socialising over a coffee and has her own small business selling flower arrangements to local businesses.
You will join a team of workers to work across a 24-hour, 7-day pw roster that includes passive overnights and active daytime support.
This role is right for a person who is:
- flexible and can work 10-15 hours per week plus at least one overnight and attendance at regular worker meetings. The hours and roles available will be negotiated depending on your availability and skills.
- able to provide seizure response or willing to learn.
- holding (or willing to obtain) a NDIS Worker Screening Check, training to assist with medication, manual handling and First Aid Certificate, as well a driver’s license and roadworthy vehicle.
- patient, mature and interested to assist this woman to live in her own home.
You will be given excellent employee training and development and will work with a supportive and collaborative team. Previous work with an individual living with a disability and nursing experience is highly considered although not essential.
- Casual position
- Support Worker role
- 10-15 hours a week @ $35.51/hr
- Eastern Suburbs
Please forward expressions of interest detailing why you are interested in this role and what skills you would bring along with a current CV to [email protected] AND [email protected] using the subject line: Support Worker – Eastern Suburbs enquiry via Website. Applications will close end of June however I will recruit before then if I find the right person.