I strive to live an independent life in the community. I am passionate about social justice and hold a strong belief that people with a disability should be well-supported in their own home and be well connected and engaged with others in the community. People who know me will describe me as genuine, sociable, caring and helpful.
In continuing to direct my own support, I am recruiting for some new workers to join my team based at my home in a suburb south of Adelaide. At present, most shifts are in the morning and late evening rostered across a 7-day roster, averaging 6-10 hours a week for a worker. Over time, additional hours will be available to the worker/s who have supported me well and have built up a good working relationship with me.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Assistance with personal care and complex manual transfers
- Assistance with health-related procedures (training provided)
- Meal preparation and assistance
- General housekeeping
- Assistance with errands, appointments and other engagements when needed.
Requirement – You will need to have or be willing to obtain:
- NDIS Worker check or its equivalent
- Current first aid certificate
- Assistance with medication training
- Manual handling training
- A good command of the English language so as to understand complex verbal directions
- A positive attitude displaying empathy and compassion for others
- A current driver’s license and being confident to drive a van if required
Wage payment will be at AWARD wages and there will be full orientation process with buddy shifts to support you to join the team.
If you share my values and think you are suitable for the position, please forward an introductory letter of yourself and a resume to the email : [email protected]