I am looking for someone to work with me after school hours for 4-6 hours a week to help me use my skills and interests to discover, explore and experience life’s possibilities.
I am passionate about building and construction and love making and deconstructing things – I’m eager to build these skills and get the experience I need to gain and develop a valued role.
I am wanting to make new friends, grow in confidence and have new opportunities to connect with people.
The person appointed to this role will be committed to assisting me to create a meaningful week, exploring ongoing opportunities for my interests and passions, both at home and out and about in the local Victor Harbor community.
Applicants must have:
- A driver’s license & reliable vehicle
- A can do, energetic, easy going attitude and an approachable nature
- Experience / interest in building/construction/using tools
- Patience and eagerness to learn to communicate with me using a communication device & apps
And a willingness to obtain:
- DCSI Employment Screening for working with people with a disability and/or Child Related Employment Screening
- First Aid Certificate
- Other relevant training as per role requirements.
It is a requirement that the worker in this support role needs to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement.
To express you interest in the role, please email Kylie.Duncis@clp-sa.org.au and provide some information about yourself including:
- What interests and skills can you bring to the role?
- What attributes do you think you possess that are important when providing mentoring?
- Describe your experience in mentoring someone towards their goals?
- How did you know what you were doing was helpful?